Located at the confluence of the Mackenzie and Jean Marie Rivers, 127 kms from Fort Simpson by road.
Population - 70
First Nations Band - Jean Marie River First Nation
Contact: 867 809-2000
For thousands of years the Slavey Dene have occupied these lands.
A local man constructed a log warehouse in 1915 and used it as a trading post for many years. The Hudson Bay Company store opened in 1964-65, competing against the Fort Simpson Trading Post. The sawmill, owned by the Co-op, began operation in 1965.
(taken from Community Profile - ITI)